Sunday, October 17, 2010

home of the grouchy burger



So...some of you might remember my post about being a huge irritable mess while pregnant. My father-in-law was paying attention (and/or keeping an eye out for large signage featuring family member's names).

DadRo was driving around Birmingham last week, when he noticed a re-purposed Dairy Queen. The new proprietors had set up a hamburger shop named "Robin's." Tag line: "Home of the Grouchy Burger." He returned the next day (at Brad's request) to find out if they sell T-Shirts in pregnant lady size. Alas, no. No t-shirts to be had. Jim did try the grouchy burger, which is a burger served between two grilled cheese sandwiches.

"Home of the Grouchy Burger" is apparently my new tag line as well. When I start to fall back into my less-than-pleasant ways, Brad just shakes his head and mumbles the phrase. Which makes me laugh, which makes me a little grumpier.

I bet I would not be grumpy if Brad made me a vegetarian grouchy burger. With avocado and tomato and a black bean patty. Yum.

Have I mentioned that I am hungry all the time these days?

1 comment:

  1. This is so funny! And I second the proposal for Brad to make you a veggie burger. Food tastes so good when your pregnant, especially when someone else makes it for you!

    ReplyDelete