Wednesday, December 8, 2010

pj + stitch addendum

How did I fail to mention the biggest beneficiary of the pj arrival and the stitch departure? Brad. Brad wins big. How so, you ask?

Seeing as how I was living in my pumpkin-adorned, hole-ridden pjs, they rarely make it into the hamper. Yesterday I parted with the pants for a desperately needed trip to the washer/dryer. I wore a pair of yoga pants instead.

When it was time for bed, the dryer hadn't sounded. So I left the yoga pants on. The yoga pants are comfortable enough, but not ideal for sleeping. They are tight and a little itchy. After Brad came to bed, the buzzer went off.

Crucial point: the stitch made it hard to get in and out of bed.

So, buzzer sounds.

Me: I need my pumpkin pants.
Brad: (reaching down to confirm the veracity of the statement before speaking) You are wearing pants.
Me: They aren't good for sleeping. I need my pumpkin pants.
Brad: No you don't.
Me: Yes I do.
Brad: Shhhhh. Go to sleep. Go to sleep.
Me: I can't sleep without my pumpkin pants.
Brad: Sleep, sleep. Go to sleep.
Me: Okay. I'll get them myself. (Feign climbing out of bed by moving the covers)
Brad: You are wearing pants.
Me: Here I go. (Moving my left leg closer to the bed's edge.)
Brad: You are nuts. (Retrieves pumpkin pants.)
Me: Hooray! Welcome back pumpkin pants! (Change. Fall asleep.)

See? Brad wins! Brad wins!

No comments:

Post a Comment