Thursday, July 22, 2010

early warning?

Turns out I knew little about "typical" first trimester symptoms. Very little. I'd heard about the nausea, but assumed that was it for early pregnancy. Wrong. Oh so wrong. There's the exhaustion, the random cravings, which I thought only popped up in late pregnancy (how I adore grapefruit juice and brussels sprouts, together). I miss my mom all the time, but this experience has made me long for her advice and sound reason. Eva has been getting an earful, and I told Meghan P-H so that I could pester her with questions. Meghan is my angel.

One of the things I've been experiencing is bad cramping, which I immediately guessed was a bad sign. Called the doctor's office last week to inquire, and they told me not to worry. It did not work. I called again this week, and they told me that I could come in for a quick appointment to make sure everything is okay.

Good news! Tater is in the right place and has a heartbeat, but s/he might be a little younger than we thought. Doc G scheduled a "real" ultrasound for right after our first official prenatal appointment to confirm viability and get a more accurate due date.

I think this week may not pass as quickly as I'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment